Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mr. Bott's Book of the Week! Fine...I'll read about Zombies...

Each year it's something different. Last year it was all about VAMPIRES. I'm sure the culmination of the Twilight film series had something to do with that. This year, it's ZOMBIES. The TV series The Walking Dead is huge and the adaptation of the book World War Z into a major movie starring Brad Pitt is definitely driving interest in the genre.

Now I'm a simple librarian. I like Lord of the Rings and Walter Dean Myers and Sharon Draper and Ellen Hopkins and the list goes on and on...but I could never get into ZOMBIE books. They always seemed like the same plot over and over. So when I picked up ASHES, the first book of the trilogy by the same name, I thought it was going to bore me to death. I was wrong.


The story is about Alex, a young girl who is having a rough go of it. She goes for a walk in the woods....

                                                   Then there's an explosion......

                                                                                    And people are...."CHANGED"

check it out:



I loved this book...Not your average Zombie story!




No comments:

Post a Comment