Monday, December 17, 2012

Mr. Bott's Book of the Week!

GET YOUR BOOKS! The holiday break is approaching and if there is one thing I hear every time I come back from a break, "Mr. Bott, I was bored..." to which I always say- PICK UP A BOOK! This isn't just me being a librarian here, but think of me as your brain's personal trainer. The weights are the books I supply and you better get lifting. Look, if you think you're going to sit and read a Regents exam for 3 hours in January after not having read a lick for the past two years, you're crazy!

All books checked out this week will not be due until AFTER THE BREAK- So get in here start exercising...err....READING!


Hi Everyone! I hope everyone is ready for the holiday break....I suppose I should start shopping now.

My book of the week is Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going

Troy Billings is seventeen, 296 pounds, friendless, utterly miserable, and about to step off a New York subway platform in front of an oncoming train. Until he meets Curt MacCrae, an emaciated, semi-homeless, high school dropout guitar genius, the stuff of which Lower East Side punk rock legends are made. Never mind that Troy’s dad thinks Curt’s a drug addict and Troy’s brother thinks Troy’s the biggest (literally) loser in Manhattan. Soon, Curt’s recruited Troy as his new drummer—even though Troy can’t play the drums. Together, Curt and Troy will change the world of punk, and Troy’s own life, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment